Sunday, January 20, 2013

summer lovin

Yes, I'm fully aware that it's January 20th. I am also aware that despite my promises to update the blog, I have been absent as of late. You know, life... happens. So much of which is too boring or too frighteningly personal to post on the internet for all 3 people who read this to see. I've kept it all in. Okay, if you know me than you know that I like to talk. A lot. NOTHING is really ever held in.

So instead of waxing poetic or reflecting on the new year or sharing my deepest thoughts, I thought I'd share my summer dreams.

It's winter. It's cold. It rained for most of Christmas break.  It finally stopped this week. I am anxious to get outside, to feel the sunshine. To sweat. Yes, I said it. I am ready for a long, hot summer. I am ready for bright colors, glaring sunshine and the sunburns that inevitably follow, despite the amount of SPF I wear.

Last summer I did nothing. Really. I know I did something - or maybe even a few somethings, heck we even had a list - but while I relaxed and enjoyed my months off, I didn't fully take advantage. This summer will be different. I will plant a raised vegetable garden. I will recover our patio furniture cushions and install a fire pit. I will paint the trim in our living room (maybe). I will (convince Kelly to) build out the old, existing slide play structure into a cool, awesome fort for the kids.

I will also relax to the best of my ability. I will swim in the pool as often as I can. I will read as many books as possible. I will be creative with my kids.

I am longing for bright colors, loud summer playlists and midnight swims. No big vacation needed (remind me that I said that come June). I just need summer! My thoughts on our backyard, Summer 2013...

Yes, I know. I must get through the remainder of January. And not to mention February, March and April. I will rejoice when it's 90 degrees in May. Don't kill my summer buzz. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

[p][url=http://www.clarisonicmiasale4u.com]clarisonic mia 2[/url] 9 . Say that brush disadvantage . PS: Don't forget the sunscreen . If you check out reviews to discover out how men and women really feel about the Clarisonic, you'll uncover that extremely couple of people have had any troubles with it, even which includes individuals with extremely sensitive skin . Chose only one speed [url=http://www.genuineuggaustraliaboots.co.uk]ugg australia boots[/url] Mia, mainly because it's the cheapest price, if bad idle not so unfortunate . Be sure to place the Suncamp . Hallmarking of Britannia Silver The change to this higher standard also meant [url=http://www.clarisonicmiasale4u.com]clarisonic mia sale[/url] a change in hallmarking to represent these Britannia items . It performs an excellent job in removing traces of [url=http://www.clarisonicmiasale4u.com]clarisonic sale
[/url] makeup on the skin, faster than your hands . Basically, all a user should do is press the button start and it will supply a dollop of anti ageing cream straight [url=http://www.clarisonicmiasale4u.com]clarisonic mia[/url] to the wrinkled eye pores and skin area.[/p]

Anonymous said...

I am гegulaг visitοr, how are you еverybоdу?
Τhіs poѕt poѕted at thiѕ ωeb sіte іs
genuinelу good.

Lοok into mу website :: Italian Restaurant